Office Tour Photos
Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million unique monthly visitors, we help travelers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. We are looking for a hands-on leader for our newly forming Data Team in Needham, MA. This team of five (data engineers, data analysts, data scientist) will be responsible for business intelligence, data science and product-facing data engineering.
What You Will Do
- Lead engineering projects for data-driven product features and services.
- Establish and maintain world-class business intelligence and analytics capabilities.
- Coach and advocate for analytics best practices and data-savviness across all functions of the business.
- Leverage data science and analytics to inform and advise executive leadership in operations and strategic decision making.
What You Will Bring To the Team
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You are experienced, both as a Software Engineer (10+ years) and as a manager of engineers (4+ years).
- You have experience building data-driven products or services that heavily employ Big Data technology, modern analytics and productionized machine learning.
- You have experience in fostering a data-driven culture through identifying KPIs, establishing instrumentation for analytics, effective data pipelines, building dashboards and achieving team buy-in to using these techniques.
- You have broad working knowledge of back-end software development and data engineering: RESTful APIs, event-based / streaming architectures, traditional and NoSQL databases, data warehouses and ETL. TripAdvisor Restaurants uses Java, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive and Snowflake.
- You are familiar with one or more popular BI tools such as Tableau.
- You will show leadership and can be an effective mentor by being hands-on: you are still comfortable writing code that ships.
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
- You can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capabilities daily
- You have the ability to work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key business and product decisions
- Startup experience: we value people who have worked and can thrive in a startup environment.
- Data Science experience: if you have hands-on experience with machine learning / statistical modeling, or have managed Data Scientists as part of a role building real-world products - this will be a great advantage.
More Jobs From