Yaymaker, from the creators of Paint Nite, hosts locally crafted events in 1,500 cities all over North America. By partnering with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs and artists, Yaymaker gets people up, out & making at bars & restaurants in their neighborhood. Our one-of-a-kind experiences include the Original Paint Nite, Plant Nite, Design-A Sign, Flower Workshop, and Candle Maker, with more on the way. Give your week something to shout about!
The Private Events Team is responsible for the sales and coordination of all the Private, Corporate and Fundraising events across the US and Canada. We are currently seeking a Private Events Coordinator to join our Private Events Team acting as the liaison between sales and operations, facilitating the communication and successful transfer of the client to operations who oversee the execution of the event.
Our sales team is responsible for getting potential clients to yes. Once the client has committed to holding an event, its up to the Private Event Coordinator to organize the specifics with the client, including: booking the venue, picking the project and assigning a host. The day of, its up to our local operations team and venues to execute on the event. So, the Coordinator must ensure that they have everything they need to ensure an amazing experience for the client.
As an Event Coordinator, you will:
- Work closely with the sales team facilitating the successful transfer of the client to the appropriate operations staff, who will oversee the execution of the private event.
- Provide exceptional customer service, ensuring clear and consistent communication to the client, sales and operations.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of the different types of experiences offered and how they are executed
- Maintain internal CRM of current and future clients.
- Collaborate with the operations team to ensure high private event quality across the brand.
- Assist with special projects and private event initiatives as needed.
- Balance high volume with exceptional service prioritizing effectively.
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer service attitude and aptitude
- Competencies which include being well-organized, flexible, as well as able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while also remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Calendars, and Google Drive
- Previous Customer Relationship Management software experience a plus
- Sales aptitude/interest a plus
- College degree a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team thats pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!