We're looking for experienced Android developers to join our Boston-based mobile development team working on industry-leading products that are transforming the automotive insurance industry. We offer apps that use sophisticated data science and machine learning to help reduce distracted driving and reward drivers as they improve. Ten of the top-twenty global automotive insurers already work with us, with more deals on the way! So if you have a passion for Android development, and would like to join a great team that's helping save lives and make our roads safer, this could be the opportunity you've been looking for! You'll enjoy a fun, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, great benefits and a new office with stunning views of Boston's harbor that's just a short walk from South Station.
- Contribute to development of our Android App and SDK development.
- Apply Clean Code principles for app architecture, branching/versioning, release train, feature flipping and A/B test, CI pipeline, TDD.
- Advocate for the Android platform e.g: evaluating new frameworks, helping to lead the technical vision for Android at TrueMotion, while also helping to mentor more junior members of the team.
- Deliver apps to market with enhanced features and capabilities, while also maintaining and continually improving quality and turnaround times.
- Grow the Android team while continue to inspire and promote a healthy, collaborative team culture.
- Organize and lead code reviews, team meetings and other events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience working with key technologies for the Android platform.
- Fluency in Java.
- Knowledge of RxJava and/or Kotlin.
- Experience designing robust, extensible and customizable mobile application code and frameworks.
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs.
- Strong UI development skills (complex view trees, animations, rendering and strong knowledge of the Android UI kit).
- Knowledgeable about test driven development (TDD), behavior driven development (BDD) and debugging.
- Basic cryptographic knowledge.
- Literacy in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Swift, Objective-C, Python.
- System engineering /architectural skills e.g. be able to understand the big picture.
- Experience in developing in a scrum team.
At TrueMotion, were motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to come to work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable for everyone. If youre a positive, organized self starter, then check us out!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From