We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against entrenched giants, like ADT, and new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. Our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
SimpliSafe is looking for a Staff Software Engineer who has a passion for developing clean and elegant native mobile applications. Half a million people use our mobile apps every month to work with our award winning wireless/IoT solution. In this role, you will be a part of a cross functional team (Engineering, Product Management, Design/UX, and QA) creating mobile solutions that delight our customers.
What will you do?
- Engineer the native Android experience for all our IoT Home Security products/services
- Security System
- Cameras - Doorbell, Indoor, Battery
- Door Locks
- Integrations - Nest, Google Home, Alexa, August - with many more to come
- Write tons of high quality Java code
- Work with backend and firmware developers on features that span web, mobile and physical devices
- Guide and mentor fellow developers on the team
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Proven track record of developing Android applications
- Working knowledge of integrating with RESTful webservices
- Great communication skills for interacting with engineers and non-engineers alike
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Loves to collaborate with a diverse team
- Open to expanding your repertoire of skills
Come work with the fast growing, passionate team at SimpliSafe. We have a fun work environment, competitive compensation, 401k matching, and unlimited vacation. Learn and play with all of our existing and upcoming IoT devices such as cameras, doorbells, locks, integrations and more. Our offices are located downtown, right next to State Street stop on the Orange and Blue lines, within walking distance from North and South stations.
More Jobs From