SimpliSafe is looking for an IT Engineer to provide top-notch technical support to our business and employees. Supported by our IT Manager, youll help keep our team working smoothly by solving problems of all sizes.
Our ideal candidate possesses
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to triage, and to re-prioritize on the fly when things come up.
- Strong Mac skills: you know your way around the fringe features of a mac, are unafraid to work on the command line, and know multiple ways of solving a problem on a Mac.
- Fundamental understanding of networking, wifi, and servers: we want to hear about any and all hands-on experience you have here.
- The ability to maintain an even temperament 100% of the time: youre cool & able to deliver under pressure, and always leave your users/customers happy.
- Collaborative, thoughtful, friendly approach to customer service: as an IT engineer, youre eager to help an end user in need, however difficult (or simple!) the problem might be.
- Willingness to pitch in, whether it is snaking cables through walls, fixing keyboards, ordering desk lamps, or building redundant email servers in Amazon Web Services (AWS) via Devops tools (i.e. Infrastructure as code - Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow
For extra credit...
- Recent server configuration/administration experience
- Significant experience working with 3rd-party vendors/services/carriers
- Linux experience, especially at the server level
- Strong Windows skills (we're a Mac shop, but Windows makes an appearance from time to time)
- Experience configuring and using OAuth or SAML authentication
Finally, we value non-traditional routes. If you think you're a good fit, but are concerned about having had a circuitous path to becoming qualified, we encourage you to apply. Please submit a cover letter with your application to explain where you are professionally and why this role would be a good fit.
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
More Jobs From