Office Tour Photos
In this dynamic full stack role, you will make an immediate impact in modernizing edx.org, the front door to the edX platform. You will drive visible contributions to our design system and branding efforts, setting the stage for a personalized, high-impact user experience. Your work will open the door for more than 30 million users and will connect learners with the courses that will move their careers forward and change their lives.
The Discovery Teams work directly impacts our users, enabling them to find courses that are relevant to their needs. Working closely with Product, UX, and Marketing teams, this group leverages both industry research and insights from our own A/B testing to identify feature areas that can help learners engage with course content as effectively as possible. Dedicated to the success of the whole team, you will join a team of four engineers that value pair programming and a collaborative work environment.
Headquartered in the heart of Cambridges Technology Square, were currently fully remote.
- Design, develop, and deploy software solutions in ReactJS
- Work with the engineering and product teams to refine project specs
- Effectively communicate and share your knowledge with team members through mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, and presentations
- Proactively communicate status and roadblocks
- Diagnose and fix bugs
- 5+ years of full stack development experience
- 1+ year working in ReactJS
- Development of and usage of REST APIs
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Experience with Python/Django
- Enthusiasm for Agile/Scrum processes
- Experience with A/B testing
- Basic understanding of UX design
- Background with website accessibility and performance
- Experience with (or interest in) infrastructure of software systems (DevOps / SRE work)
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
Thats why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply even if you cant check every box. Wed love to hear from you.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.