ui / mobile engineering manager (46606)
Location:USA - Boston - 35 Thomson Pl
Employment Type:Full Time
Software Engineering Manager (UI and Mobile)
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of transportation and mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and mission-driven company that’s seriously changing the world? Have what it takes to change the way people think about car ownership? If the answer is yes, then join us at Zipcar!
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of engineers to support our various missions while establishing strong lines of communication with a set of stakeholders.
- Act as a hands-on leader who contributes to the development effort while helping grow your team members.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your engineers and implement software alongside your team members when necessary.
- Be deeply involved in the full development lifecycle: design, code, test, deploy.
- Have a say in architectural design and deployment decisions.
What You’ll love about being a Zipster
- Building a great brand, that you can see on the street and that’s changing the world.
- Collaborating with a team of helpful, passionate and technically strong software developers.
- Being part of a company that is big enough that we can achieve big things together, but small enough that you can make your mark.
- Our entrepreneurial spirit and a dynamic, fun and flexible work environment.
What drives success for this role:
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of UX and/or mobile engineers.
- 5+ years of experience as a strong UI (React/Angular) or mobile developer (iOS/Android).
- Understanding of REST architecture and API design concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a bias towards action
- Mentor team members, contribute to architecture decisions and ability to conduct insightful code reviews.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
What tops off the tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits through our parent company, Avis Budget Group
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Up to $5,500/year tuition reimbursement
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle Reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Free Zipcar Membership and other employee discounts, including discounts on renting and buying Avis/Budget cars
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Zipcar is the world’s leading car-sharing network, found in urban areas and university campuses in more than 500 cities and towns. Our team is smart, creative and fun, and we’re driven by a mission – to enable simple and responsible urban living.
Being a Zipcar member gives you easy access to a car nearby without all the cost and hassle of owning one. Founded in 2000, Zipcar disrupted – or innovated – the traditional model of car ownership and independent studies show that Zipcar’s model of car sharing is proven to reduce vehicle ownership, freeing up more city space for people. Zipcar provides members with socially responsible, sustainable mobility options that support the global environment, their communities and city livability.
Zipcar is a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: CAR), a leading global provider of mobility solutions. For more information, visit: www.zipcar.com.
More Jobs From