Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of transportation and mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and mission-driven company that’s seriously changing the world? Have what it takes to change the way people think about car ownership? If the answer is yes, then join us at Zipcar!
What you’ll do:
- Work in a fast-paced agile environment that allows you to push code to production anytime.
- Design, implement or improve features in a variety of backend systems including REST APIs, micro-services, data ingestion and migration.
- Be deeply involved in the full development lifecycle: design, code, test, deploy.
- Have a say in architectural design and deployment decisions.
- Collaborate with your team members in a fun, easy-going atmosphere.
What You’ll love about being a Zipster
- Building a great brand, that you can see on the street and that’s changing the world.
- Collaborating with a team of helpful, passionate and technically strong software developers.
- Being part of a company that is big enough that we can achieve big things together, but small enough that you can make your mark.
- Our entrepreneurial spirit and a dynamic, fun and flexible work environment.
What drives success for this role:
- 5+ years of experience working with Java/Python ideally in fast paced environments.
- Experience in Microservices, Application Programming Interfaces (API) and RDBMS.
- Have a deep understanding of REST architecture and best practices and API design concepts.
- Shipped robust, high-performance, scalable applications to production.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
What tops off the tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits through our parent company, Avis Budget Group
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Up to $5,500/year tuition reimbursement
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle Reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Free Zipcar Membership and other employee discounts, including discounts on renting and buying Avis/Budget cars
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Zipcar is the world’s leading car-sharing network, found in urban areas and university campuses in more than 500 cities and towns. Our team is smart, creative and fun, and we’re driven by a mission – to enable simple and responsible urban living.
Being a Zipcar member gives you easy access to a car nearby without all the cost and hassle of owning one. Founded in 2000, Zipcar disrupted – or innovated – the traditional model of car ownership and independent studies show that Zipcar’s model of car sharing is proven to reduce vehicle ownership, freeing up more city space for people. Zipcar provides members with socially responsible, sustainable mobility options that support the global environment, their communities and city livability.
Zipcar is a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: CAR), a leading global provider of mobility solutions. For more information, visit: www.zipcar.com.
The extra mile:
We encourage Zipsters to bring their whole selves to work - unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V.
More Jobs From