We are looking for passionate technologists with great collaborative spirit and the ability to lead a strong technical team. At Zipcar we build products in a fast-paced environment and pride ourselves in solving real world challenges using cutting edge technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of engineers to support our various missions while establishing strong lines of communication with a set of stakeholders.
- Act as a leader to grow the members of your team through career management and feedback.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your engineer and implement software alongside your team members when necessary.
What You’ll love about being a Zipster in Engineering
- Our collaborative and welcoming team allows you to bring your whole self to work everyday
- Flexible work environment that is results driven yet scrappy and resourceful
- The opportunity to make an impact, fast! We have big juicy problems waiting to be solved!
What Drives Success For This Role
- Experience managing a small team of engineers
- Ability to demonstrate a solution-oriented approach to application design and produce technical plans used for project breakdown.
- Previous hands on experience writing substantial applications as a software developer in the past.
- Experience with Back-end Java and/or Front-end technologies like React or Angular.
- Experience with event driven architecture and microservices at scale is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
What Tops Off the Tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits through our parent company, Avis Budget Group
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Up to $5,500/year tuition reimbursement
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle Reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Free Zipcar Membership and other employee discounts, including discounts on renting and buying Avis/Budget cars
- Community involvement opportunities
Who Are We?
Glad you asked! Zipcar is the world’s leading car-sharing network, found in urban areas and university campuses in more than 500 cities and towns. Our team is smart, creative and fun, and we’re driven by a mission – to enable simple and responsible urban living.
Being a Zipcar member gives you easy access to a car nearby without all the cost and hassle of owning one. Founded in 2000, Zipcar disrupted – or innovated – the traditional model of car ownership and independent studies show that Zipcar’s model of car sharing is proven to reduce vehicle ownership, freeing up more city space for people. Zipcar provides members with socially responsible, sustainable mobility options that support the global environment, their communities and city livability.
Zipcar is a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: CAR), a leading global provider of mobility solutions. For more information, visit: www.zipcar.com.
The Extra Mile
We encourage Zipsters to bring their whole selves to work - unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V.
More Jobs From