Office Tour Photos
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy and support needed to build amazing technology and products. To do this, we look for people who insist on a bias towards action to minimize unhelpful hierarchy and process. We collaborate using our teammates' diverse perspectives to solve hard problems. Our communication with one another is open, honest and efficient. We dedicate time and resources to explore new ideas and, as a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and useful.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that transform the way we think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our tightly-knit, team-based community that provides our Kenshins with a collaborative, supportive environment to bring transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What Were Working On
- A web application for viewing financial filings and transcripts
- Scaling our products up to a global scale
- A game changing tool for oil analysts within S&P Global
- A portal for new customers to interact with and purchase some of our cutting edge ML services
What Youll Do
- Work closely with our front-end, design, and API services teams to build products our end users will love
- Write server-side and user-facing python applications for high-volume data analytics and processing
- Design interfaces, APIs and services that address immediate needs with an eye for future scaling and reuse
- Analyze, transform, structure and crunch data that is growing in size, diversity and complexity
- Write tests to ensure the functionality and reliability of the team's code
- Quickly create a prototype and then iteratively transform it into a robust application
Technologies Youll Use
- Python and specifically Pandas, Numpy, scikit-learn, django and celery
- Infrastructure such as kubernetes, nginx, redis, and RabbitMQ
- Data stores like PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch and various NoSQL alternatives
- Development and debugging tools like Git, Jenkins, Selenium
What We Look For
- At least one core expertise, such as Python, distributed computing, or (actually big) data
- Practical understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Personal projects, open source contributions or portfolio of work
- Strong mathematical and statistical background with proficiency using pandas/numpy/nltk/scikit-learn
- Versatility to contribute across the entire stack and suite of products
- Effective coding, documentation and communication habits
- Experience at a top technology company or financial institution
How to Really Get Our Attention
- Major technical contributor at a top software company
- Contribution to open-source projects showing innovation and initiative
- Research, publications and patents
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
More Jobs From