Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Build out our infrastructure to empower engineers to build world-class products
- Improve our CI and deploy processes to make the whole engineering team more effective
- Build out tools to improve our products robustness and ability to remedy issues effectively
- Scale our cloud infrastructure as our user base and products grow
- Collaborate with our engineering team to learn problems and opportunities to build out our infrastructure roadmap
- Think ahead and proactively evolve our infrastructure to where we need to be in 6 months, 1 year as we grow
- Mentor other engineers to improve at building infrastructure and tools
What we're looking for:
- A mindset of empowerment - You have a mindset of platform engineering to empower engineering velocity and robustness, versus one of advocating for as little change as possible to avoid breaking anything. You love it when your work empowers others to do their best work.
- Craft - You care about writing well-structured code and building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you prioritize writing clean code with the right abstractions.
- Empathy - Since youll be working with product engineering teams to empower them, you have the empathy to understand their problems to craft our platform roadmap.
- Communication - You believe building a great platform and tooling is step one, but to get the best adoption and iteration, you communicate these changes effectively with the users of your platform.
- Breaking new ground - You apply this core value by finding creative solutions and keeping up with the changing cloud infrastructure landscape for new tools that will empower our team.
- 3+ years building production infrastructure and platforms for cloud applications
- Experience building and managing cloud infrastructure, ideally with Amazon Web Services
- Experience working directly with product engineering teams to build infrastructure and tooling to make them more effective
- Experience building and improving CI, CD infrastructure, monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Terraform experience
- Experience building cloud infrastructure from scratch
- Building out data infrastructure e.g. Kafka, Airflow
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Regular team lunches
- Discounted fitness benefits
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Interested? Read more about our engineering culture here!
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If youd be excited to show up for work each day, wed be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon were not scared of differences. Its how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, weve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.
More Jobs From