As the Product Safety Engineering Manager you will coordinate and support cross team activities as an ambassador for Safety. A successful individual will oversee many aspects of the processes and practices for the development of safe products. This may include coordination of multiple product variations for a given region as well as the planning of resources needed to successfully support the timelines and aspirations of the company to offer a world class product.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the overall safety strategy and the safety culture within the organization
- Evaluate, develop, and implement policies, standards, and practices to support safety and compliance
- Enforce our system safety management plan
- Lead a mid to large sized team
- Support engineering, product, and operations in implementing safety management systems to our standards
- Act as safety expert for the product while providing strategic and proactive safety input into development plans
- Represent safety position in cross functional teams
- Provides leadership and directions for significant deviation events that may impact compliance status or significant business risk
- Develop risk management strategies and plans and monitor effectiveness
- Monitor international, federal, state, and local regulations and laws, making recommendations for necessary changes to achieve compliance
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical degree and 7+ years work experience
- Additional education may include M.S. or Ph.D in an engineering or a related technical field
- Experience in safety, quality, manufacturing, engineering, operations, and/or program/project management
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to balance multiple stakeholders requirements, de-conflict contentious issues, and develop opportunities
- Ability to manage complex internal and external relationships to drive business results
- Experience leading a mid to large sized team
- Ability to work under pressure, deal effectively with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to travel Internationally and within the US
- Exhibits a high degree of technical credibility and communicates highly technical information in an easily understandable way
- Experience with automated and robotic systems
- Experience with relevant standards and regulations (ex. ISO 26262, ISO 21448, ISO 21434, IEC 61508, MIL-STD-882, DO-178, MISRA, AUTOSAR, NIST, FMVSS, etc.)
- Ability to perform with a high level of discretion, professionalism and integrity
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From