About our team: we are a diverse group of software developers that focus in providing simulation and data manipulation tools to support the development activities of our scientists, and also to enable virtual testing of our autonomous driving software before it hits the road.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Machine Learning Research Engineer or Scientist to support our efforts to automate creation of synthetic 3D environments based on real world data (camera and lidar). Your work will help us develop and roll out the next generation of advanced tools to support virtual autonomous driving tests.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, implement, and deploy novel algorithms (re)building realistic large-scale 3D virtual environments using vision and LIDAR data, where the generated 3D environment can be used for autonomous driving simulation.
- Develop processes and tools that can use sensor data (lidar+camera) to generate large-scale 3D virtual environments for a simulation platform, enabling realistic virtual tests of core autonomous driving systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain software tools for simulation.
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders in offices around the world.
- Use and develop state-of-the-art tools and methods to automate the 3D assets generation pipeline, making it possible to scale the process of generating 3D environments for new locations.
- Work closely with various groups (e.g. perception, localization, planning and control, test and validation, etc.) to provide simulated environment solutions for their development and to test autonomous driving requirements.
- Conduct experiments, write reports, patents and publications.
What we're looking for:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field.
- Experience with photogrammetry and/or point cloud meshing technologies.
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks for at least one of the following applications: Object detection/classification, Image segmentation, Sensor fusion, Tracking, Multitask learning, Network compression, Reinforcement learning, Unsupervised learning.
- Fluency in Python or C++.
- Experience with PyTorch (preferred), TensorFlow, or other deep learning frameworks.
- Experience with (1) LiDAR point cloud data & software development or (2) camera image data & software development.
- Experience with 3D objects data formats and object creation pipelines.
- Experience with Linux work environment, software, and toolchains.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills.
- Experience developing software as part of a team.
Bonus Points (not required):
- Database file manipulation using C++ / Python
- Professional experience in software development for robotics systems (mapping, localization) or complex system simulations
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) tools and standards
- Familiarity with CUDA, Git, CMake, continuous integration tools and the agile development process.
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From