Our Safety Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by delivering a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system to our customers and enabling Mobility on Demand (MoD). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for an exceptional Safety Engineering talent to help us set the foundation and direction for the future of our technology.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment? Do you take untraditional approaches to product development? If the answers are yes, we're looking for you.
What You'll Do:
- Develop both functional and solution specific safety concepts and organize technical reviews across different functional teams
- Coordinate, plan and document all safety-related activities across the complete product portfolio
- Act as the subject matter expert on all functional safety related topics and be prepared to perform transfer of information
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure functional safety requirements and getting correctly scoped and implemented
- Create all functional safety related documentation targeted both internally and externally as part of release notes
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum 3+ years of functional safety experience from automotive or related field
- In-depth knowledge of ISO26262 or equivalent standards
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Bonus Points (not required):
- Familiarity with development in the embedded environment
- Experience with Products Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software)
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools (e.g., DOORS)
- Familiarity with DSP algorithms, Microprocessor/DSP based hardware designs, and Software Architecture
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From