We're looking for an Autonomous Driving Systems Engineer to join our team!
What you'll be doing:
- Define, model and simulate the behavior of the robotic system
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders to transform desired autonomous vehicle capabilities to product design specifications. Use systematic approach to decompose vehicle level requirements to functional and performance requirements for software and hardware components, and derive technical specifications for each. Examples of components are perception, localization, automated planning, control.
- Collaborate with system architects to refine computing platform logical and physical architecture, and drive it from conceptual to production ready maturity.
- Follow the journey of hardware and software evolution to ensure that designs and implementations are correctly interpreting and realizing system requirements. Discover gaps, engage the right technical resources; lead solution developments; drive resolution.
- Define system integration requirements. Partner with systems application, rule book and test and simulation teams in the formulation of test cases that ensures verification coverage and validity for the self-driving system.
- Lead technical design analysis, reviews, trade off studies. Employ model based design and simulation to enable quantitative analysis and data driven decision making.
- Document requirements, design, analysis, and testing with clarity. Maintain traceability among them.
- Assist system integration, perform system debugging and testing during each phase of the product build. Lead issue discovery and resolution development, apply lessons learned towards the improvements and final delivery of a safe autonomous driving vehicle.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in owning the technical responsibility over a system or subsystem (preferably in the software domain)
- Excellent communication skills; effective in communicating complex concepts and in driving resolutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for robotics applications and a desire to work in a fast-paced research-powered industrial product development environment
- Curious about and comfort with cutting-edge technology and research
- Interest in formal and model-based methods for defining system behavior and architecture
- Experience in product development
Bonus points (not required):
- MS in engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in a safety-critical product environment, or the automotive industry
- Experience with robotic systems, autonomous systems, and/or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with software, simulation tools such as Matlab Simulink.
- Experience with UML
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From