: Software Engineer - Machine Vision
About the role:
Vecna Robotics seeks a software engineer - focusing on machine vision - to be part of a team designing and implementing Vecna's high performance robotic systems. This role is part of a small and agile team reporting to the Chief Architect of Advanced Development.
In this role, you will work in a fast-paced division, generating innovative solutions and working rapidly to make prototypes to test and demonstrate feasibility. You will work with a talented and cross functional engineering team to design and build custom components, actuators, and sensing methods across many products and research areas.
The selected candidate will research, develop, and implement advanced computer vision and deep learning-based algorithms to aid in autonomous vehicle navigation and other operations. You will design, develop, test and prototype advanced computer vision and image processing algorithms for various robotics applications and invent and develop image analysis algorithms. This is a full-time, salaried position.
What we are looking for:
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Math, or Electrical Engineering; MS preferred.
- 2 years of practical work experience required outside of any academic programs.
- Strong understanding of software design methodologies.
- Strong C++ skills, including experience with C++ open-source libraries.
- Strong Deep Learning, Multi-core, GPU experience,
- Strong background in computer vision, image processing, pattern recognition and related fields.
- Hands-on experience in computer vision such as: 3D reconstruction; camera pose estimation; 2D and 3D tracking; and/or object recognition.
- Proficiency with C/C++ and computer vision libraries (such as OpenCV).
- Broad knowledge of and experience working with machine learning involving design development of algorithms and techniques is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized and possess strong communication skills.
About Vecna Robotics
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.
More Jobs From