: Divisional Vice President, Advanced Development
About the role:
Vecna Robotics seeks an innovative leader with robotics industry experience to oversee the Advanced Development (AD) division. In this role, you will lead the newly developed AD team to validate proof of concepts and deliver key learnings to our internal product development teams. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of innovation, agility, and creative problem-solving. This position reports directly to the CEO, and is a full-time, salaried role with benefits.
In this role you will:
- Lead the Advanced Development team from project ideation through prototyping and validation.
- Budgeting and Finance: own overall budget for the division.
- Evaluate and enhance operational process and procedures to optimize the team’s performance.
Project Execution and Delivery
- Provide hands-on guidance and direction to cross-functional engineering team.
- Work closely with the CEO and product development leadership to ensure alignment on strategic initiatives.
- Leverage Design Thinking methodology to identify alternative strategies and solutions for innovation.
- Identify, mitigate, and escalate risks, as necessary and appropriate.
- Effectively manage resources to deliver key learnings.
Leadership and Development
- Directly manage a multi-disciplinary engineering team; provide mentorship and development opportunities.
- Foster and grow a team focused on collaboration, trust, and execution.
- Implement division’s onboarding and training program.
What we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of executive experience leading dynamic, cross-functional R&D teams.
- Multi-disciplinary technical skillset: software, mechanical, electrical and firmware.
- Prototype, inquisitive and creative mentality.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire others.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in rapid growth, transformative, and ambiguous environments.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.
More Jobs From