Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
Ribbon is looking for a General Counsel who will be a strategic business partner and serve as a key member of our leadership team. Reporting to the CFO, this individual will be responsible for building and setting the strategy for our legal and compliance functions, driving the execution of complex corporate transactions, and influencing and informing decision making across the company. The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated, business-minded attorney who enjoys operating autonomously and brings extraordinary judgment and interpersonal skills to the role.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Architect and manage Ribbons legal and compliance strategy, policies, and standard operating procedures across a wide spectrum of product, operational and financial initiatives
- Serve as a strategic thought partner and legal advisor on business strategy, commercial transactions and operations
- Build and lead high-performing legal and compliance teams to effectively serve the organization's commercial needs
- Proactively advise cross-functional stakeholders on risk factors, how to weigh them against business objectives, and how to mitigate them help us find creative solutions to complex problems
- Draft, negotiate and review corporate transactions documents, including equity and debt financings, strategic partnerships, and vendor relationships
- Develop a deep knowledge of the laws and regulations applicable to our business
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS, JD, and ability to practice law in New York
- 10+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house (ideally a combination of both)
- Exceptional judgment and ability to act decisively and with discretion with situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Demonstrated ability influencing cross-functional decisions and managing an array of internal and external stakeholders on corporate governance, strategic transactions, and employment matters
- Proven experience building and leading teams in high-growth environments
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Residential real estate experience, with a deep knowledge of RESPA
- Experience working in a heavily regulated market (e.g. financial services)
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Regular team lunches
- Discounted fitness benefits
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If youd be excited to show up for work each day, wed be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon were not scared of differences. Its how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, weve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.
More Jobs From