Office Tour Photos
At Twitter, our advertising business went from zero to two billion in revenue faster than any other company. It’s critically important to show that value in a way advertisers understand, trust, and can dig into for more detail.
Our team is responsible for delivering solutions that allow advertisers on Twitter to understand and feel confident in the performance of their campaigns. We’re partnering with various external measurement partners to provide transparency of ads measurement data with cross channel, comparable, and independent verification on various ad platforms.
Are you looking for an opportunity to help us build the new team, lead projects, mentor engineers and take your skills to the next level while having a huge impact? Read on.
Who We Are:
The Ads Third Party Measurement team’s job is to communicate the ROI of Twitter ads to our advertisers, for any of their objectives. It’s critically important to show that value in a way advertisers understand, trust, and dig into for more detail. We develop analytics & measurement products by partnering with third parties to be responsible for tracking $3B+ of revenue. We are a team with expertise in data analytics, distributed systems, and external integrations. Our customers are advertisers, ad tech companies, and other Twitter ads teams. Our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration and execution. To tackle the huge scope of the work, we are growing our team to own this area and create the next generation of Reporting and Measurement products at Twitter.
Details about stack:
- Data Processing: Mapreduce jobs written in Scalding for batch processing and Kafka/Heron for stream processing.
- Services: Thrift services based off of Twitter Server written in Scala
- Server: Finatra, web server written in Scala
Who You Are:
- You are a proven engineer. Strong technically and you have shown that you can work effectively with product managers and other engineering teams.
- You have a fierce sense of ownership, caring deeply about the quality of everything that you deliver into your customers' hands.
- You love the challenge of engineering, and are confident in your ability to bring clarity and direction to ambiguous problem spaces.
- You work well in a fast paced environment while deeply investing in long term quality and efficiency.
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- 4+ years industry experience developing large scale distributed systems
- 2+year industry experience in data processing (realtime and batch mode)
- Fluent in one or more JVM based language such as Java or Scala
- Strong software engineering practices (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
More Jobs From