Aetna Digital is responsible for creating mobile and web apps for Aetna's 22+ million members. This team is creating mobile applications from scratch to support our members with chronic diseases to help them make choices that will lead to more healthy days, longer lives, and save money. To start, we are taking on diabetes!
If you are looking to do meaningful work in a highly collaborative, friendly, and passionate team working with the most up-to-date technologies where you can learn and grow this would be a great role for you!
Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
We're looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (Mobile) with a solid background writing and executing test automation to ensure the delivery of a high quality user experience on our mobile platforms. As a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, you will responsible for working closely with Architects, Design, Product, Accessibility, and Security to ensure quality is built into the features to be delivered, on time, based on PI objectives.
As a Principal SDET you will:
Work with developers to optimize workflows and improve the cadence and quality of releases
Seek opportunities to improve efficiency around quality-related processes and procedures
Collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth integration of quality standards into the SDLC
Test large-scale web services (RESTful APIs)
Coach fellow team members to develop test automation code using standard coding practices and reusable libraries
Create and maintain standard coding documentation in automation/testing frameworks
Prioritize your work, communicate clearly and demonstrate a consistent track record of commitment and accountability for delivery
Work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
Participate in test data preparation & test plan generation
Perform test data analysis for standalone data-driven products and micro-services
Demonstrate an understanding of leading data technologies and best practices
Partner with key stakeholders throughout the SDLC to understand use cases and create tests based on customer requirements and design prototypes
- 10-15 years of experience in the domain of quality engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Java
- Experience writing test automation frameworks and methods
- Hands-on automated testing using any of the following - Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, Espresso, Java, Kotlin, TestNG
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
- Experience building highly automated test environments using virtual and cloud resources is strongly desired
- Experience with interacting and working closely with Product Owners, DevOps, and Software Engineering teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet commitments Experience with security concepts and best practices to protect PII
- Experience with virtualization and containers (Docker or similar)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems
- Understanding of Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
Additional Job Information
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
More Jobs From