Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster-and most importantly-more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we're funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We've funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes' FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it's important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion-from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Design plays a massive role in achieving this. Mortgages are complicated and quite frankly, stale. As designers, our job is to take all this complexity, distill it down to its essence, and repackage it into something simple, intuitive, and enjoyable.
That's why we don't distinguish between UX, Visual, or Product Designers. Our designers are all of them - part business strategist, part user researcher, and 100% committed to creating an exceptional user experience in a space that sorely needs it.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the design and implementation process across multiple product areas, as well as manage projects
- Ensure the team sets a high quality bar for the work they ship with minimal effects on velocity
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and mentor a team of designers and help build a strong design culture that ensures the team works and grows openly and collaboratively
- Build and hold a high standard for designers at Better
- Ensure designers are shipping high quality work efficiently and effectively - no matter what
- Build relationships with cross functional partners and help accelerate efficiency by regularly iterating on and improving processes and workflows
- Effectively speak to process, design goals, and team vision with cross functional partners, executives, and stakeholders
- Partner with Product to help create roadmaps, define OKRs, and understand key metrics to measure product success
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product to ensure projects are defined accurately and properly scoped
- Coach and mentor designers on your team, helping the achieve maximum impact with minimum effort
- Work iteratively from concept to detailed designs powered by research and data
- Create a strong design process with all partners and designers
- 6 years of experience in digital product design and/or service design
- 2+ years of people leadership experience, leading teams of UI/UX, researchers, and product designers
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to improve strategy, vision, and execution and push the best work forward
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals, and making product and design tradeoffs
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members
- Strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research/insights
- Ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to come up with new creative ideas from a blank canvas while also delivering detailed design approaches
- Ability to solve complex UX and product strategy problems to deliver the best possible visual design solutions
- Experience working in a highly iterative, collaborative environment where people share work daily
- Experience with building and promoting complex design systems
- Impeccable taste and understanding of high quality design
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with prototyping tools and bringing work to life
- Direct and to the point
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what's in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself-we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
More Jobs From