Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster-and most importantly-more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we're funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We've funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes' FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it's important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion-from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com's marketing team eagerly focuses on figuring out how to grow and convert our customer base as they go through the complicated, scary, and exciting journey to homeownership. Our Email Marketing Team Lead will manage the team that is responsible for executing communications across every business in the Better.com umbrella - Better Mortgage, Better Real Estate, Better Cover, and Better Settlement Services - as well for our strategic business partners. They will leverage email, SMS, content, and other tools to convert and nurture prospective borrowers throughout the end-to-end financing journey. Managing a team of three email operations managers and growing, the team lead will own the daily email operations of the email marketing org and oversee each team members' workstreams. They will make sure that campaigns are built, QA'd, and deployed on time, will maintain the source of truth map of customer communications, and will ensure rigorous testing, reporting, and analysis on all campaigns.
This person will work most closely with marketing strategists, but will also partner cross-functionally with colleagues on sales, product, capital markets, data, copy, and creative to ideate, launch, and measure email marketing campaigns designed to support high-level company OKRs. They will be intimately familiar with email best practices such as segmentation and personalization to run highly targeted campaigns. They have a strong passion for operations and have an interest in becoming the primary CRM subject matter expert, which includes developing a strong understanding of the datastreams piping data between our products and CRM. They will be accountable for email deliverability via regular monitoring and list cleaning, and will be the go-to contact for email troubleshooting. They will tirelessly leverage email as a testing ground to learn more about our customers, including what messaging resonates most, and who it resonates with.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of email marketing best practices, experience managing, will be self-motivated, and have a strong sense of personal accountability. We look forward to working with a talented email marketer who will hit the ground running in this collaborative, fast-paced, and high-impact role!
- You have at least 5-8 years of relevant marketing experience, including familiarity with CRM and hands on experience with marketing technologies.
- You have 3+ years experience overseeing and guiding teams.
- You have spent at least 2 years actively working in Customer.io, Sendgrid, Braze, Sailthru, or a similar platform.
- You have strong proficiency with HTML/CSS.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- You are extremely organized and detail oriented.
- You have empathy for customers and your peers, and are excited to work collaboratively on behalf of our borrowers.
- You are a curious person who is excited to learn about a new industry.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what's in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself-we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
More Jobs From