At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Tired of working with old EDC technology? Looking for an opportunity to change how clinical trials, data and data are managed? Veevas Vault Electronic Data Capture (EDC) application will truly change how the industry runs clinical trials and we want you on our team!
Veeva Systems is looking for a Practice Manager who has deep customer, project management and clinical trial expertise and a passion for helping customers transform the way they manage their clinical trial data and content with Vault EDC.
As a key member of our EDC Professional Services team, the Practice Manager will be at the forefront of our mission. A Veeva Practice Manager is a service professional who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence. They will understand our customers EDC challenges and clinical needs, can translate those requirements into an implementation strategy, and drive the delivery of the Veeva EDC product and services. They will be responsible for three main things:
1. Drives utilization, increased revenue and the delivery of billable engagements for Veevas EDC product and services acting as an escalation point to resolve customer, organizational, process or technical issues.
2. Responsible for talent development and line management for EDC Professional Services team members.
3. Contributes to the development of the services strategy, offerings, practice standards, scalability, and policies and procedures with a focus on quality delivery and efficiency.
Opportunity is available in the United States for this role. The work location is remote within the U.S. Qualified U.S. based candidates are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Provides technical and/or business consultative leadership for Veevas Vault EDC application at the pre-and/or post sales level with experience delivering Statements of Work
- Manages a team of project managers and consultants responsible for delivery and proactively provides input and contributes to the development of Vault EDC services procedures, standards and strategies
- Recruits and hires employees who can help grow and drive Veevas Vault EDC strategy and perform delivery on the services team and monitors practice job performance and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize performance
- Maintains a level of readiness, to be successfully prepared to support the delivery of customer engagements and ensures adequate levels of resources are in place to meet profitable demand. Oversees charge-ability of all delivery resources within the practice
- Acts as the internal customer advocate, working closely with other Veeva teams (Product, Sales, Strategy) to ensure customer success today and in the future
- Oversees key customer accounts within the services organization and responsible for communicating status, risks, and escalations to management as well as participates in governance meetings with customers
- Assure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva procedural requirements
- 5+ years of software implementation experience with EDC clinical software solutions in a client facing role:
- 5+ years in a consulting / professional services environment
- 2+ years in a professional services leadership position including hiring, employee relations, performance management, coaching, developing individuals and teams, and managing remote employees
- Working Knowledge of clinical trial processes across pharmaceuticals, device and/or biotech sectors, specifically as they relate to document and data collection
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholders to ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction with the ability to roll up your sleeves to implement a solution and work independently in a dynamic environment as part of a team
- Ability to travel 25-30% (may include international)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Nice to have
- Direct experience with systems such as Medidata RAVE, Oracle/Phase Forward InForm, Medidata Balance, Oracle IRT, IVRS, coding applications, eSource, and other clinical technologies
- SaaS/Cloud experience
- Life Science, computer science or related degree
- Experience with Veeva applications
- Financial and analytical experience
- Consulting experience
- MS Project experience
- PMP certification
- Locality to major life sciences customer hub (NJ; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Newark, NJ; Chicago, IL)
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.