Liaison, offers the following:
A place to work with fun, smart, collaborative and driven people. Liaison is unique in that we are an established and profitable company but have that fast-paced energy and feel of a start-up. Our SaaS based admissions management. enrollment marketing and analytics software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 5,000 academic programs!!
The VP of Engineering will be a hands-on leader that will direct development and quality efforts related to strategy, design and development and integration of our SaaS web application products.
- Partner with product management and client delivery teams to align and prioritize current and future new product development initiatives in support of our business objectives.
- Works with cross functional engineering teams including QA, DevOps and IT Ops to plan and execute large scale application integration projects
- Develop a practical and working knowledge of business processes; interact with key business partners to recommend solutions that best meet the strategic needs of the business
- Evaluate current state solutions to identify areas to improve standards, simplify, and enhance functionality and/or transition to effective solutions to improve supportability and time to market
- Develop and apply consistent, standardized development processes that are regularly updated through lessons learned from previous projects.
- Develop software development strategy utilizing industry standards. Create roadmap and timing of implementation of the roadmap based on business requirements and strategy.
- Motivate, lead and develop a team of diverse individuals with a variety of experience levels and skill sets.
- Work collaboratively with the business and as part of larger Product Development organization.
- Manage multiple new feature development teams across 4 different locations
- Manage software project planning and allocation of resources, assign and coordinate
- 15-20+ years of technical experience with 5+ in a management capacity
- BS degree a must, Master’s Degree a plus
- Demonstrable experience in Software Engineering fundamentals
- Experience managing engineering teams of 40-50 team members both onshore and offshore
- Effective leader of cross functional teams
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to create application development strategies founded on agile principles and effectively execute initiatives to achieve to desired outcomes
- Expert level knowledge and experience in enterprise systems integration and best practices in the context of SaaS application development
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture and interface design, Proven success architecting complex software solutions
- Proven track record of building and managing successful software delivery teams, especially in a public-facing SaaS web application development environment
- Extensive experience and leadership in design and developing high performance, scalable and fault-tolerant enterprise SaaS/Cloud applications
- Proven ability to drive the entire software development process from concept, architecture design, development, and QA to deployment of complex web-based and mobile applications.
- Ability to apply tools, methodologies and best practices for the improvement of the software delivery process and productivity
- Experience with Java platform technologies and familiarity with at least one additional programming language such as Ruby, .NET/C# or PHP
- Familiarity with Java script frameworks such as Vue.js, React, Angular and Elastic Search
More Jobs From