Office Tour Photos
Chewy is looking for a Full-Stack Principal Engineer to join our Autoship team in Boston, MA. You will lead the design, architecture, implementation, and evolution of our customer facing and back-end services that power Autoship, our subscription-based services. The Autoship team acts as a business-in-a-business and accordingly drives processes and decisions on platforms across Chewy.
This role will give you the chance to use your deep technical expertise to accelerate the adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends, and practices. You will help drive innovation, scalability and maintainability while being a mentor for our engineering teams. Above all, you will be a leader who gains the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives.
What You'll Do:
- Develop Systems / Component architectures and APIs for a rapidly scaling platform, while ensuring successful product delivery and operational excellence.
- Design, develop and implement large-scale distributed systems with large volumes of data, focusing on scalability, latency, and resiliency.
- Articulate and evangelize architectural principles with engineering teams that ensure that system components align with Chewys business direction.
- Align with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, while acting as a trusted advisor for the Engineering organization.
- Lead research initiatives for cloud native designs and implementation within public clouds, primarily AWS.
- Conduct design /code reviews while raising the bar for all of engineering
- Debug production issues across services and tech stack
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of services
What You'll Need:
- 15+ years of industry work experience
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience with containerization
- Strong programming language experience in Node.js and front-end technologies
- Experience with Java a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience presenting to Senior Leadership
- Position may require travel
- Strong engineering background building Products that are E-Commerce scale
- Prior roles in E-Commerce or in technology companies
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From