Office Tour Photos
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. Its simple, at DraftKings, we believe lifes more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, were committed to responsibly creating the worlds favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Join one of the industry's biggest game changers.
Were growing rapidly and are searching for a Director, External Reporting. Your primary responsibility will be the preparation and filing of DraftKings external financial statements, which will include annual, quarterly and other SEC filings (e.g., Form 10-Q, 10-K, Form 8-K, S-1/4). Do you have a mastery of accounting principles and SEC regulations? Join us.
What youll do as a Director, External Reporting:
- Accountable for the production, review and public filing of financial statements, including supporting schedules, footnotes, and MD&A
- Work closely with controller-ship team in designing and optimizing the Financial Statement Close Process in preparation for Large Accelerated Filer reporting timelines
- Ensure policies, procedures and reporting checklists, are accurate and regularly updated
- Responsible for monitoring SEC reporting regulations, researching documenting and presenting to leadership relevant changes and impacts
- Support Accounting & Finance team in communication of and training on new SEC guidance, including creation of new policies for newly adopted standards
- Manage and document reporting work flows, identify external reporting risks and assist in design of internal controls to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Build and coordinate approval process for the release of external financial statements
- Coordinate the sub-certification process used to support the CFO/CEO certifications
- Responsible for developing, improving and maintaining external reporting policies and standard operating procedures
- Partner with Legal and Operations for accurate & timely regulatory responses and to ensure communication on external reporting matters are being surfaced and addressed timely
- Coordinate with auditors to ensure auditor requests are completed timely and documented properly. Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audit
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- A minimum of 8 years public company experience with significant experience producing 10-Ks & 10-Qs as a public company registrant is required
- Big Four accounting firm experience is preferred
- CPA license is preferred
- Technology and/or gaming company experience is a plus
- Experience building relationships and working directly with senior executives is required
- Significant experience with developing, documenting, and maintaining processes in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements is required
- Time management skills in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to details; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational skills and experience and familiarity with XBRL tagging and filing process is required
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%) is required
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
More Jobs From