For more than 25 years our clients and partners have trusted us to improve their operational efficiency and productivity, manage their business risk, and provide them with a predictable cost model. Today we deliver exceptional customer experiences for 1,300 of the largest organizations across the USA.
NWN is looking for a Team Leader to join our Customer Success Center in Waltham, MA. This is a full time position with full benefits.
The Team Leader role is responsible for oversight and management of a team of Service Desk Engineers.
Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor calls for quality, provide performance coaching and feedback.
- Track attendance and performance of team and individuals.
- Assign work to team members and make them accountable for their work.
- Provide input into performance management and terminations.
- Assist in performance ratings of team members at year end.
- Manage the queue of calls to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Implement Process Improvements for Team. Recognize, evaluate and identify areas for improvement.
- Resolve participant escalations/issues without further escalation by providing superior customer service.
- Other: Interviewing candidates, providing input on hiring, training, client meetings, client tours, team meetings.
- Analyzes Service Desk trends to identify opportunities to improve the quality IT offerings.
- Provides creative "out of the box thinking.
- Provide customer service and satisfaction in the area of desktop.
- Assist in authoring, maintain, adherence to and improve operating policies, procedures and associated documentation.
- Contribute to and manage additional special projects assigned by the clients and or management team.
- Potential 7x24 after hours support & On-call rotation; must have internet access from home.
- Travel may be required - must have personal transportation.
The following are minimum qualifications and requirements required for this role:
- 3-5 years of work experience in a Call Center/Service Desk practice.
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing people in Call Center/ Service Desk practice.
- Able to present point of view to gain buy in and drive change.
- Gains insight from big picture to enhance tactical steps.
- Must be detail oriented while handing multiple concurrent tasks and/or projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and manage up
- Thrives in an environment of multiple shifting priorities.
- Strong analytical skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Strong communication and documentation skills required: this person must be able to incorporate the best ideas from the team, as well as drive acceptance of his/her own architectural and technical concepts.
- Sought by others as a leader to resolve issues or help problem solve.
- Proactively initiates key relationships to collaborate and pool resources with internal and external partners.
- Able to address conflict with others constructively.
- Effective at building trust in relationships with employees and managers.
- Manages different audience needs with a customer-focused orientation.
- Able to work independently and successfully in team environment and interface effectively with senior-level customer representatives.
- Offers ideas and suggestions to support achievement of goals.
- Applies concepts of project management & resource allocation.
- Understands big picture and creates effective solutions through understanding cause and effect.
- Sees the big picture and begins to advocate for strategic recommendations.
- Must be capable of forward thinking to plan for future technology needs and foresee trends.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and concepts.