Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
This role focuses on two important areas: channel communications and delivering channel-focused projects. The goal is to maximize the effectiveness of our channel communications and deliver marketing projects that support Sophos business goals.
This role is the channel communication champion within Sophos, owning the delivery and promotion of our channel communications plan. They also own the marketing promotional plan for a number of channel initiatives – from setting objectives to creating campaign assets (via the corporate marketing team), promoting the program internally and externally, and tracking and measuring results.
Strong project management, marketing communication and relationship building skills are required for this role. Experience of channel marketing will also be advantageous.
- Drive core structural programs to achieve our global channel objectives.
- Create fully scoped plans to promote Sophos’ global channel programs and deliver key channel marketing projects.
- Work closely with field marketing and sales teams to ensure that projects fit with their regional plans and go-to-market tactics.
- Communicate regularly on the programs across the marketing organization, adapting to feedback as required.
- Own the delivery of the program assets, working closely with the corporate marketing team.
- Guide and support both field and global marketing teams in executing the programs, ensuring that programs are delivered as required
- Evaluate live programs on a regular basis, reporting results to the wider group and acting on learnings to deliver continuous improvement.
Plan and coordinate global to-partner communications.
- Own the delivery of the channel marketing strategy in order to maximize the reach and effectiveness of our channel communications.
- Own the global partner comms channels: partner app, partner blog, partner newsletter and – from a communications perspective – the partner portal.
- Work with subject matter experts across the business to help them communicate updates to partners. Identify the optimal communication channels for each activity and work with the relevant teams to deliver them effectively.
- Ensure important news and updates are shared with partners in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with field marketing teams on regional execution of channel communications.
- Work closely with stakeholders in other teams, ensuring channel marketing projects support and align with the channel programs initiatives.
- Share plans and outcomes with stakeholders, demonstrating the business value contributed.
- Build strong, trusted relationships with stakeholders, generating confidence across the business.
Provide Channel expertise to the wider marketing organization, in particular contributing to the channel elements of global demand generation campaigns.
- Provide regular reports on the performance of your channel marketing activities, including recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Identify key channel marketing metrics required to support the business and work with marketing operations to deliver as appropriate.
- Where required, ensure that all programs and assets created by this role are submitted to translation and the completed assets are delivered to non-English language field teams and partners.
- Due to the global nature of this role, there is an ongoing requirement to participate in calls with Americas, EMEA and APJ marketing teams which may fall outside regular working hours.
- Will require occasional travel in North America and Western Europe.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of channel marketing with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Marketing business-to-business solutions in a technology company
- Executing results-driven marketing plans for both new business and customer
- Working with a range of stakeholders to achieve business goals
- Creation of marketing campaigns using websites, email, newsletters, direct mail events and social media
- Using CRM systems to measure and report return-on-investment for campaigns and other activities against set objectives
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Commercially astute and numerate
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Knowledge of IT Security marketing desired.
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
More Jobs From