Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
As Manager, Data Protection, you will have lead responsibility for global regulatory requirements governing the protection, privacy, sharing, deletion, and visibility of personal information. You will guide and develop the protection of personal information as processor or controller across multiple business functions and into each of the Company’s Product Teams as owner. You will work directly within Legal and interact across a global company to drive data protection requirements, as well as facilitate the responses to product users, regulators, and Company business functions.
Generally, this role requires that you show:
- Lead responsibility within the Compliance Team for data protection;
- A working knowledge of regulations and standards governing data protection requirements, including a contemporaneous view of the regulatory landscape for data protection;
- Proven ability to instill confidence in stakeholders, Product Teams, and business leaders about data protection requirements while facilitating product development, product launch, and product use;
- Drive and develop data protection into the product life cycle and business processes to reduce and remove the Company’s exposure to regulatory liability, as well as gain the confidence of product users;
- Experience working in a global company across multiple business functions.
This role does not require that you be a lawyer or bring the legal analysis that may underscore the nuances important to privacy, security, or personal information. Instead, you will be a hands-on, operational lead that defines, initiates, facilitates, advises, and secures the protection of personal information consistent with existing regulations and standards at all times. Further, you work with the VP, Compliance and Compliance Team lawyers to add essential insight that will allow you to audit and improve the protection of personal information through new or existing business functions. You will report directly to the Vice President, Compliance (Legal) and will have the flexibility to be based in Abingdon, UK; Cork, Ireland; Burlington, MA; or Reston, VA.
Specifically, in this role you will:
- Facilitate Company health checks on data protection working through multiple business functions and Product Teams;
- Identify key milestones for data protection, owners for those milestones, and facilitate their implementation;
- Drive and develop data protection into the product life cycle so as to implement data privacy into product design;
- Work with VP, Compliance and Compliance Team lawyers to mirror operational data protection against regulatory requirements;
- Have a working knowledge of the regulatory landscape for data protection, visibility into upcoming changes, and a view into applicable industry standards;
- Be the Company contact for data protection requirements, including product development, data deletion requests, operational implementation for security and privacy of personal information, and services the impact personal information;
- Investigate facts and provide input into user incidents and regulatory inquiries regarding data protection.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in science, business, or engineering; Masters degree preferred;
- 5+ years’ experience in data protection, privacy, project management, or compliance;
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; Hindu, Arabic, or Chinese language skills are a plus
- Experience working with software and database tools;
- Experience working with software and hardware engineers and the products they create;
- Experience in Project Management is a plus.
- Project Experience—has nurtured and guided Project Team Members and multiple Projects at the same time;
- Industry Experience—has worked in software and hardware technology that delivers products and services to consumers;
- Creative Problem Solving—identifies, develops, and deploys pragmatic business solutions;
- Reliable Initiative—is a self-starter, leads complex projects, and sets priorities;
- Responsible and Accountable—ability to assess, initiate, facilitate, and close on a project objectives;
- Communicates Effectively—instills confidence in complex matters across multiple business teams;
- Cross-Functional Work Ethic—leverages and collaborates across multiple business functions in a global company.
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
More Jobs From