Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
As Compliance Analyst I, you will have responsibility for the incidents and inquiries arising from the use of the Company’s products and services and from regulators worldwide. You will work with the VP, Compliance to guide all incidents and inquiries to conclusion, facilitate the investigation of facts informing incidents and inquiries, and own and maintain the Compliance log of incidents and inquiries knowing their status, development, key parties, and conclusions. You will interact across a global Compliance Team to advise about circumstances inherent to these incidents and inquiries, give input into improvements, and effectively reduce and remove the Company from exposure to regulatory liability.
Generally, this role requires that you show:
- Experience obtaining facts and circumstances related to claims, incidents, and inquiries that touch on regulatory matters;
- Experience with regulatory matters, including data protection, whistleblowing, trade compliance, and product compliance;
- Discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive matters;
- Comprehensive tracking and monitoring, including a register of pending matters.
This role requires that you execute a comprehensive tracking, monitoring, and investigation of sensitive regulatory matters, including a real-time visibility to all matters that are unresolved or otherwise developing. You will support all Compliance functions and will report directly to the Vice President, Compliance (Legal). This role has the flexibility of being based in Vancouver, Canada; Ottawa, Canada; Reston, VA; Burlington, MA; or Abingdon, UK.
- Track, monitor, record, report, and close on all pending regulatory matters that arise as claims, incidents, or inquiries;
- Understand, own, and communicate deadlines to pending regulatory matters;
- Gather facts that guide the development and full evaluation of pending regulatory matters;
- Assist in the evaluation of regulatory matters across all Compliance functions to reduce and remove Company exposure to regulatory liability and provide continuous process improvement;
- Own and track all input points that act as a portal through which the Company receives incoming regulatory matters;
- Work with VP, Compliance to execute on Company standard operating procedure(s);
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or an equivalent field;
- 5+ years’ experience in regulatory matters, claims management, or field investigation; experience as a paralegal is a plus;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; Dutch, Hindu, Arabic, or Chinese language skills are a plus
- Experience working with software tools to support business functions;
- Experience working with engineers and the software and hardware products they create.
- Communicates Effectively—clear and concise communication in practical business terms;
- Claims Experience—has managed multiple claims, incidents, inquiries, or other developing matters at the same time;
- Industry Experience—has worked in software or hardware technology in a global company;
- Creative Problem Solving—identifies, develops, and deploys pragmatic business solutions;
- Reliable Initiative—is a self-starter, moves matters forward to conclusion, sets priorities;
- Responsible and Accountable—ability to audit, assess, and change to meet the demands of a global company;
- Cross-Functional Work Ethic—leverages and collaborates across multiple business functions in a global company.
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
More Jobs From