Join Raves growing technical team! Rave employees take great pride in the product they develop because our software-as-a-service (SaaS) product suite keeps millions of people across North America safe, secure and connected. Ravers thrive on continuous improvement, both personally and for the platform. We are open, flexible, fun, and most of all dedicated to keeping people safe. Keeping people and communities safe is our business.
As a Database Administrator at Rave, you will utilize your strong problem solving and interpersonal skills to improve upon the existing production and development environment databases of a scalable suite of critical alerting and messaging applications that are a part of the Rave Mobile Safety Platform.
This is an exciting time to join Rave as we have experienced 10 years of double-digit growth and have recently received a significant investment by TCV (a leading private equity firm).
What you'll do:
Rave's Database Administrator will be responsible for owning, tracking, and resolving all database-related incidents and configuration requests to meet our SLA targets in the companys Production and Development environment databases.
MySQL Server Maintenance
- Backups, restores and defining disaster recovery models
- Evaluate, test and deploy new releases, patches and upgrades of the MySQL Server Platform
Monitoring and Planning
- Proactively monitor MySQL platform to ensure stability and uptime against SLA
- DB Security and Optimization using both native monitoring/troubleshooting tools and third-party tools
Documentation creation and maintenance
- Server configuration, design decisions, and rationale
- On-Call rotation in support of Database Platform
- Off-hours maintenance activities as scheduled
- Ad hoc management of data for both reporting and performance adjustments
- Some support of MS-SQL based platform in a similar manner to the MySQL requirements above
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience as a database administrator, with at least 5 of those years being focused on MySQL 5+ on Linux
- Expert knowledge of database systems with a focus on MySQL
- Significant experience with Enterprise MySQL replication topologies
- Familiarity with MySQL Server security hardening
- Strong skills with troubleshooting MySQL performance and failure issues in a rapid and comprehensive manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven capability to communicate technical details both written and verbally
Above and Beyond:
- Experience working with migration and manipulation of large data sets (millions of rows)
- Knowledge or experience of database integration with Java services
- MySQL-related certifications
- Experience working in support of a Software as a Service solution platform
Why you'll love it here:
- We build a very important product that has serious, life-saving implications but we don't take ourselves too seriously!
- Competitive base salary
- Ongoing training and coaching for career development
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage with significant company contribution
- Long and Short Term Disability
- 401K retirement savings program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extremely generous paid time off
- On-site gym
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible hours
- Lively culture including happy hours, free lunch twice per month, company outings and more
Rave Mobile Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and utilizes the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification process.
More Jobs From