Join Raves growing engineering team! Rave engineers take great pride in the product they develop because our software-as-a-service (SaaS) product suite keeps millions of people across North America safe, secure and connected. Our products are designed to foster quick, relevant, and actionable communication during times of high stress and crisis. Keeping people and communities safe is our business.
As a Lead Software Architect at Rave, you will utilize your strong problem solving and interpersonal skills to improve upon the existing design and development of a scalable suite of critical alerting and messaging applications that are a part of the Rave Mobile Safety Platform.
This is an exciting time to join Rave as we have experienced 10 years of double-digit growth and have recently received a significant investment by TCV (a leading private equity firm).
What you'll do:
- Partner early in the project lifecycle to create appropriate design patterns and recommendations
- Participate in Agile SCRUM team discussions to ensure delivery of high-quality software
- Provide technical oversight and direction for software integrations with third parties
- Design and create software solutions to consume content supplied via RESTful APIs
- Develop secure, scalable, and highly fault tolerant code
- Review code and provide relevant feedback
Best Practices, Performance, Security
- Troubleshoot and debug software code to optimize overall performance
- Work with the software quality assurance team throughout the development process to test and fix/improve components where necessary
- Research emerging architecture trends and industry standards
- Ensure designs consider security and compliance
Who you are:
- BS degree in Computer Science or other relevant field(s)
- At least 4 years experience designing highly scalable fault tolerant systems
- Strong knowledge of backend, frontend, site operations, AWS and programming languages including Java, js, etc.
- Background in Java development and ability to analyze code quickly
- Experience with integrating third party libraries and APIs
- Ability to analyze complex systems and evolve them
- Experience designing for Cloud-based architectures (AWS, Azure, etc.)
Above and Beyond:
- Familiarity with a broad range of software engineering frameworks
- Experience working within Agile software development
- Experience with secure coding standards
Why you'll love it here:
- We build a very important product that has serious, life-saving implications but we don't take ourselves too seriously!
- Competitive base salary
- Ongoing training and coaching for career development
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage with significant company contribution
- Long and Short Term Disability
- 401K retirement savings program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extremely generous paid time off
- On-site gym
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible hours
- Lively culture including happy hours, free lunch twice per month, company outings and more
Rave Mobile Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and utilizes the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification process.
More Jobs From