Vertica Information Developer I (Technical Writer)
We are looking for an information developer (technical writer) to develop and deliver technical documentation for the Vertica Analytic Database. Vertica is a next-generation analytic database that offers extremely high performance and rich functionality at a low cost. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about becoming an information developer and who can bring new ideas and energy to our team.
- Research user requirements and design and develop user assistance materials for a variety of audiences, including end users, system administrators, internal support engineers, product developers and training developers.
- Work with our documentation team to develop online documentation, quick start guides, tutorials/training videos, and blogs, with the goal of delivering an outstanding information experience.
- Ensure documentation is accurate, clear, complete, and adheres to standards for graphics, format, style, terminology, and overall quality.
- Work within cross-functional teams, including software developers, QA, support engineers, and product managers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in English, Technical Communication, Computer Science, or other related discipline. May have limited technical knowledge but must be technically inclined.
- 0-2 years experience as a technical writer.
More about you
- You have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude and are passionate about contributing to Verticas success.
- You are proactive and accountable.
- You are enthusiastic about learning new technologies, including authoring tools and video-creation software.
- You are willing to advocate for our customers.
- Youre a natural problem solver. You seek continuous improvements and innovations and provide solutions when identifying problems.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- SQL, database, or business intelligence (BI) products
- AI and Machine Learning (ML)
- MadCap Flare or other content management/authoring system
- WordPress experience
- Linux and open-source software
- JIRA or other defect-tracking systems
- Web accessibility standards
- Video-creation skills
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
More Jobs From