There's going to come a day when you need to get something notarized. When that day comes, wouldnt you rather do it from your kitchen? In the same time it takes to make a sandwich? Notarize is the first on-demand notary platform, allowing anyone to notarize a document online and empowering businesses to send, track and collect notarizations. We're helping people execute the most important transactions of their lives and streamlining operations for countless industries.
Notarize is looking for a Vice President of Product who will lead, build, and mentor a team of product managers and designers. In this role, youll be the champion of a user-obsessed company culture, presenting a compelling vision and using data-driven insights to inform the product roadmap.
This is an opportunity to define and lead an entirely new product category as you drive the development of products that will delight our customers, from retail individuals to SMBs to Enterprise clients. As our VP, Product, you should have a successful track record of creating & delivering products that resonate strongly with consumers, an obsession with usability, a steadfast focus on understanding what our customers really need, and an eagerness to take on a challenge wholly new and different from any other youll find in the Boston tech ecosystem.
As our VP, Product, you will:
- Lead the refinement of our product development process with a focus on discipline, accountability, and iteration. Facilitate an actionable product roadmap with clear milestones and measurable impact.
- Own the roadmap for a unique and innovative generation of products, communicating the strategy to our employees, executives, board, and other key stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Operate as a key leader within Notarize, helping to ensure our values are evident in everything we create, and strengthening the product team to do the best work of their careers.
- Lead strategic conversations with enterprise customers - in our case some of the largest banks, lenders and real estate companies in the U.S.
- Build, mentor, and inspire a world-class team of user-obsessed, human-centric product managers and designers.
- Use metrics & KPIs to drive product-led growth, creating reliable, scalable experiences for our enterprise customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure alignment between the product roadmap, our teams capabilities and priorities, and our customers needs.
- Dig in - were a small team with a lot to do. Be enthusiastic about rolling up your sleeves and helping the team in any way you can.
What Notarize is looking for in a VP, Product:
- 8+ years of progressively increasing product leadership experience (ideally with some mix of SaaS, startup, B2B, and B2C experience)
- Demonstrated experience attracting, managing, and developing staff. Ability to lead, influence, and motivate individuals and teams. Skilled in holding people accountable, establishing high standards of excellence, and coaching them to perform their best work.
- End-to-end experience managing the product development lifecycle, with a proven track record of successfully launching new or emerging products and services.
- Thoughtful, engaging communication & presentation skills. An ability to work positively and collaboratively with both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments. Startup experience strongly preferred, entrepreneurial spirit a must.
- Demonstrated excellence in every stage of the product cycle - product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, product development, analysis and learning as demonstrated through building and shipping multiple consumer web and creative development products with clear success and impact.
- Strong UI/UX experience, and passion for building highly-functional and engaging consumer experiences.
- Customer-led product design philosophy supported by sound customer research and market data validation.
- Very high standards, superior attention to detail, and a drive for continuous improvement, while also being motivated to ship products fast and iteratively.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Choice of equipment
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru)
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.