Office Tour Photos
Desktop Metal is reinventing the way metal and composite parts are produced - from prototyping through mass production. Founded with the mission to make additive manufacturing accessible to engineers and designers, Desktop Metal offers multiple revolutionary 3D printing systems, addressing the need for easy-to-use, cost-effective, and scalable 3D printing. In addition to this, our software solutions elevate the additive manufacturing industry at every step in the fabrication process.
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Desktop Metal is seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer to work on the design, development and production of our metal 3D printing systems. You will be working with other engineers, designers, materials engineers and scientists to deliver new and advanced additive manufacturing machines. The ideal candidate is capable of managing projects through every phase of development.
- Experience working on a product design team, in a senior mechanical or mechatronics engineering role.
- Track record of solving hard engineering problems.
- Machine design experience combined with machine tool, mechanical actuation or automation experience.
- Fundamentally strong in all areas of mechanical engineering - mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, electricity etc.
- Willing and able to lead small teams of engineers.
- Experience with modern mechanical engineering sw tools: computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, and product life cycle management.
- Knowledge of design principles that utilize additive manufacturing (a plus).
- Strong analytical and mathematical background.
- Knowledge of material selection methods.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and methods.
- Design for manufacturing, engineering standards and documentation, quality engineering.
- Versatile engineering capabilities and able to push through challenges.
More Jobs From