Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about re-imagining a 700 billion dollar industry. You will play a decisive role in our pricing strategy by being an information hound in our current market and industry, finding data and turning it into useful solutions. You are a motivated self-starter with a passion for problem-solving. Your attention to detail is unmatched, your intellectual curiosity unending and your sense of ownership unwavering. You understand what can drive changes in the market and have a passion for getting lost in numbers and bid files.
We are looking for a Pricing Operations Manager to join us in obsessing about our company success. You have an eye for the macro view of our industry and a deep understanding of the stories and reasons that drive market changes. You will work closely with our Sales, Account Management, Carrier Sales and Data Science teams to assist in identifying which multi-million dollar bets we should make that will maximize yield and minimize risk.
- Develop and implement the framework to evaluate and continuously improve our truckload pricing strategy
- Identify the core goals for the pricing team and align them with the companys OKRs
- Leverage macroeconomic and industry level data and analytics to identify actionable business opportunities and improve our lane-level and company-level strategy
- Build out and lead the pricing team strategically
- Through detailed research, create and analyze pricing strategies, test and evaluate current and proposed strategies
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to create the models needed to evaluate and implement new strategies
- Collaborate with Sales, Account Management, Carrier Sales and Data Science teams to provide data-driven insights and to increase knowledge and understanding of the truckload market
- Aid in designing the database structure for tracking bids and awards
- Understand and use the tools and resources available to ensure forecasted changes coalign with current processes
- 6-10 years of experience in a highly analytical leadership role, including (but not limited to) consulting, finance, and technology
- Passionate about supply and demand economics and applying the ideas across different industries
- Effective analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong background in economics, econometrics, math or a related field
- Able to accel alongside and within groups to maintain a collaborative work environment
- Detail oriented and focused
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to develop a working knowledge of SQL
- Successful experience in creating and implementing innovative strategies for growth generation, price optimization, and accurate reporting on business performance
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
More Jobs From