Office Tour Photos
Privy enables online stores to supercharge their ecommerce marketing and improve on-site conversion through the use of highly targeted automated email campaigns and completely customizable pop-ups, banners, flyouts, and bars (see for yourself here!). By offering unique discounts, exclusive content, sweepstakes, and more, stores using Privy see significant improvement in both email signups and sales.
Were looking for an experienced engineering leader who wants to contribute to our growing company. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful startup that is already rapidly growing, but still has room for you to make a career-changing difference for the business.
- Build new integrations with third party APIs, and troubleshoot and maintain them.
- Extend and maintain the Privy platform API, balancing sustainable design and architecture with feature velocity.
- Make and explain design trade-offs, mentor junior engineers, and prioritize bugs.
- Act as engineering lead and manage, coach, and mentor direct reports as required.
- We do thorough code reviews using GitHub pull requests. We aim for high code quality with a lightweight process.
- We practice rapid iteration - if its been reviewed and makes production better, deploy to production.
- Before coding, we sweat the details and edge cases, debate the design, and disagree openly.
- We use the best tools money can buy, and focus on solving real problems for customers, not re-inventing the wheel.
- We have a growth mindset and consider growth a part of every engineer's job, with dedicated investment time and resources to match.
- Learn more about our team breakdown, interviewing philosophy, and FAQs!
Minimum required qualifications:
- At least 5 years professional software development experience.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture, object-oriented design, and computer science principles.
- Demonstrated mastery in at least one programming language.
- Communicate ideas clearly, and write intelligently.
- Able to work onsite at our Boston, MA office. Only local candidates will be considered, though we do have work-from-home options.
We're builders and we want to work with other builders. Many of us create music, publish art, maintain open source libraries, write blogs, found businesses, and build products.
Our perks at a glance:
- Competitive salary + meaningful equity, in addition to standard perks like 401k plan
- 100% of health insurance & dental premiums covered
- Unlimited vacation & sick time (with 2 weeks/year minimum)
- $1,000 annually to use for vacation and/or professional development
- Free weekly team lunches
- Daily snacks, coffee and tea
- Book & training budget
- Lunch & learn presentations
- Unlimited startup war stories on demand
No recruiters please. Thanks!
See our commitment to candidates: https://engineering.privy.com/our-commitment-to-candidates/
At Privy we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and were proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From