We are seeking a motivated and passionate candidate who will be our Platform Data Architect. As the Platform Data Architect, you will design and build the BCG Omnia platform data capabilities, which will be the foundation for BCG to digitally partner and collaborate with our clients via Software as a Service (SaaS) products. Working across the BCG Omnia product teams, you will build and guide the evolution of the BCG Omnia platform’s infrastructure data capabilities, providing advanced Platform as a Service (PaaS) capabilities to enable new and existing BCG Omnia products to scale with our client’s needs.
Additionally, you will capture and synthesize the various data needs across our product lines, and in collaboration with the other solution and data architects develop holistic platform data capabilities that can be leveraged by our diverse product portfolio. Day to day, you will work with product leadership, architects and engineers to develop and maintain the platform architecture. You will serve as an evangelist for the data capabilities within the platform within BCG Omnia and more broadly across all of BCG. Ideal candidates enjoy building new products, complex problem-solving, and high levels of customer interaction.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in big data architectures, data visualization and advance analytic solutions
- Define conceptual, logical, and physical architectures for scalable data platforms
- Design End-to-end cloud data solutions including Architecture, Security, Infrastructure, Storage, Data Model, ETL/ELT, and Consumption
- Lead the technical design and solutioning of the platform
- Define scope of technical implementation, translate requirements into design specs, and calculate/estimate TOC for proposed solution
- Define best practices, pros and cons, and frameworks for capabilities across the data and analytics landscape
- Define solution standards and best practices while providing hands-on oversight of technical delivery
- Work with the product teams to help gather requirements and understand different processes as it relates to different parts of the business and where there is overlap
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a software related discipline or equivalent relevant experience. A Master’s degree in a related field is an added plus.
5-7 years’ experience in designing and implementing Big Data architectures
- Extensive experience in leveraging enterprise data warehouse modeling constructs, methodologies and practices to ensure flexible, scalable, maintainable, and high-performing physical databases
- Experience in strategic data planning, standards, procedures, and governance
- Experience in data quality engineering, metadata consolidation and integration, metadata model development and maintenance, repository management, data warehouse design and data mining, and data security
- Hands-on experience in data ingestion and integrating heterogeneous data warehouses with big data/data lake repositories using ELT/ETL tools (Flume, Sqoop)
- Extensive experiences with AWS cloud services: EC2, Lambda, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis
- Big data tools: Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Presto, Impala, Spark, Kafka.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Cassandra, HBase, and MongoDB
- Message queue systems: ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, etc.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: AWS Glue, Airflow, NiFi, Step Functions.
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming.
- Experience in putting analytical models in production
- Working knowledge of commercial BI and data warehousing tools such as Tableau and Snowflake.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, R, Java, Scala.
- Proficiency in consuming REST based API.
- Strong understanding of roadmaps and solution architecture
- Ability to lead and mentor on- / offshore development teams using Agile software delivery processes
- Agile engineering development
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with offices in more than 90 cities in 50 countries. For more information, please visit bcg.com.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws. In addition, as a federal government contractor, BCG maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations.BCG is an E-Verify Employer.Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
More Jobs From