Office Tour Photos
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The companys scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and So Paulo, Brazil.
As a Senior Front End Engineer on the GeoInnovation team, you will work on building web and mobile applications supporting Indigos carbon sequestration effort. The GeoInnovation team is mobilizing farmers to sequester carbon through regenerative farming practices, that will generate carbon credits and produce healthier food. Your expertise in front end application development will help us create best-in-class consumer facing applications that aid our mission. All farmers, who we enroll and guide through the process of changing their practices, will aid our mission of sustainably feeding the planet.
In this role, you will build applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a new team in the engineering organization, so it is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up in the latest tech stack.
- Implement user interfaces that are highly intuitive, reliable, and meet the needs of our customers
- Contribute to component library that will be the basis of all of Indigos user interfaces
- All web applications are fully tested, resilient and easily monitored
- Extremely focused on the end-user, developing a deep understanding of the user and their needs
- Passion for software development and modern software development practices
- Works and interacts well with software engineering, product management, business development, and customers
- Passion for Indigos mission and values
- Strong communication skills
- Not afraid to ask questions; able to quickly learn new technologies and stay up-to-date with best practices
- Results-oriented, demonstrating an ability to meet deadlines
- 4+ years professional front end experience required
- Strong HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Knowledge of REST or GraphQL APIs preferred
- Experience setting up monitoring solutions like Sentry preferred
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment required
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow. As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
More Jobs From