Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to focus on building user security and privacy solutions. Client security and privacy are paramount at Stash and we have an exciting projects ahead of us. If you are interested in solving problems related to authentication and authorization, multi-factor authentication, biometric security, differential privacy, and account takeover defenses, Stash might be the fit for you!
What you'll do:
- Architect, design, and implement backend services, including the core API that powers our mobile apps, and our backend data processing and trading systems
- Partner with the product team to come up with new features and products
- Own the end to end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Scale software infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- BS/MS in Computer Science or relevant industry experience
- An experienced engineer who can turn ideas into reliable code that others find easy to understand and modify
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- A keen understanding of testing best practices (TDD is a plus!)
- Experience building an application at scale
- Experience transitioning monolithic systems to microservice-based systems
- Familiarity with or interest in our stack Ruby on Rails, Scala, Sidekiq, Heroku, Postgres, Redis, AWS S3/Elastic Beanstalk
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From