The Government Sales Team is an important engine working to drive transformation in government and academic entities across the globe. If you are a sales professional looking for an organization where you can thrive both as an individual and as part of a highly motivated team, this is a great opportunity to take your career to a new level.
In this role you will be responsible for qualifying, connecting and closing business with new customers in the government, intelligence and defense market. We operate in a highly competitive and quickly changing marketplace. You will need to ensure continuous adherence to the OReilly sales process and become an expert in our learning opportunities, customizations and wider capabilities in order to succeed. We call this the OReilly backpack.
About the Job:
- Develop market and product knowledge that discovers which organizations might be good prospects for OReilly Media services
- Work with sales management to define a targeted list of industries and organizations
- You are expected to be the resident expert for each of your in-process accounts and their respective industries. You will understand your accounts business goals, challenges, competitors, leadership and transformation objectives. You will be responsible and ready to share this information with colleagues across the company at any time to ensure prospects close and the goals of their year one engagement are understood and met
- Maintain the appropriate mix of written correspondence, telephone contacts, online demonstrations and onsite visits with prospect organizations in order to stimulate interest in OReilly Media services within the defined target companies
- Proactively manage sales opportunities throughout the entire sales process
- Maintain a sufficiently full sales pipeline so that sales targets for new business revenue are consistently achieved
- Present the benefits of OReilly Media services to prospect organizations and identify those buying influences that are involved in making decisions about the OReilly Media service
- Follow-up on trial accounts and prospects in order to identify funding, develop a unique value proposition and proposal, secure commitment and close the sale.
- Maintain appropriate account and territory records using the sales tools provided by the company
- Provide sales forecasts and monthly reports as required
- Participate in regular sales meetings and training sessions as required
- Continually refresh your knowledge in the aspects of government sales as well as industry trends
- Meet or exceed sales quota
- Experience in government sales practices including but not limited to GSA, FEDLINK, and direct procurement. Academic sales knowledge helpful.
- Experience with cloud based corporate learning services or technology services
- Understanding of subscription models
- Consultative sales training
- Business acumen and an understanding of general business principles
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Most contact is via email, phone, web interactions and in-person meetings
- Must have strong organizational skills and demonstrate successful use of various web-based selling tools including Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Cirrus and Clearslide
- Strong interpersonal skills and history of working on highly collaborative teams
- Relationship focused and experienced in complex account management
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- Excellent work ethic and ability to integrate into established successful team as well as ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience in relevant field
- Experience working in government market required, learning and development, HR and IT experience helpful
- Ability to meet or exceed sales quota
- Location - US remote home office based.
More Jobs From