Office Tour Photos
TriNetX is a healthcare startup located in Cambridge, MA. We are creating a global health research network that enables healthcare organizations, biopharma, and contract research organizations to collaborate, enhance trial design, accelerate recruitment and bring new therapies to market faster.
Our customer base and network is growing rapidly and we are expanding our Engineering team. We are looking for extremely talented, energetic, and motivated engineers to join us on our journey. We are a small group and you will have a big impact on the success of our product and company. You will be focused on the middle and backend tiers of our platform where we are working on a federated query and analytics engine.
We are seeking candidates that can operate across one or more domains whether it be designing stateless micro services, building out our medical terminology solution, enhancing our collaboration and social platform, or designing and implementing our real-time, federated analytics platform. For this particular position, were looking for engineers that bridge the gap between data science and software engineering. If you like building scalable platforms and have a scientific, biostatistics, machine learning background you may be a great fit.
As a key member of our team, you will use your technical skills, prowess, and ingenuity, to develop all aspects of a significant area of our platform. You will be responsible for overall design and code quality. You will ensure your solutions are secure, scalable, testable, and maintainable and are aligned with other areas of the system. You will also be responsible for planning out development work using agile techniques, and tracking progress.
If you're interested in working for a company that is disrupting the health research field, is building a great team and fun company culture, please respond with a copy of your most recent resume along with your current contact information.
Our Engineering Environment
- Being a great teammate
- Working with your team on the detailed design and implementation of impactful new features that empower epidemiologists, clinical scientists, and other medical researchers to conduct research.
- Ensuring that your solutions are secure, manageable, scalable, and testable
- Collaborating with our team, presenting your concepts and ideas to the rest of the group
- Documenting your designs and performing code reviews
- Communicating status and tracking work activities via Agile development tools and practices
What you bring to the table: (Middle Tier / Backend)
- Great communication skills
- Experience with Java and in one or more additional languages (Python, Rust, Scala, Go. We are Rust enthusiasts!).
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- REST based systems
- AWS or similar
- System security (identity management, access control, auditing, penetration)
- Distributed computing and message queues
- Workflow technology
- SQL and various RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySql)
- NoSQL architectures; specifically, Mongo and Redis
- Data analytics, ontologies, and semantic web technologies (RDF, OWL, SKOS, etc.)
- Health informatics and associated platforms (e.g. i2b2)
- A self-starter, ready to take initiative and motivated to work as part of a startup which at times requires chipping in wherever needed
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in computer science or engineering
- 2+ years overall experience
We'll be ecstatic for:
- Experience with one or more statistical languages (Python, R, SAS etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and deploying statistical capabilities in a product setting
Experience in one OR more of the following methods/areas:
- Statistical methods including: logistic regression, propensity score matching (PSM) or related methods to reduce bias, substitution or related methods for handling incomplete data, Kaplan-Meier (K-m) and hazard ratios or related methods to assess outcomes
- Time series and longitudinal analysis in the context of forecasting/prediction
- Machine learning, Bayesian statistics, or Markov models applied in one or more contexts
- Real World Evidence (RWE) or observational trials
Local Candidates only. No recruiters, please. Any candidates submitted through outside agencies will NOT be considered.