Office Tour Photos
Were seeking people who are learner-focused, outcomes-driven and share our passion for transforming education.
edX is the trusted platform for education and learning, home to more than 22 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world and industry-leading companies. As a global nonprofit, edX is transforming traditional education, removing the barriers of cost, location and access. Supporting learners at every stage, whether entering the job market, changing fields, seeking a promotion or exploring new interests, edX delivers courses for curious minds on topics ranging from data and computer science to leadership and communications. edX is where you go to learn.
Our educational content portfolio features hundreds of programs and thousands of courses from the worlds leading universities and organizations. As Head of Content Strategy and Acquisition, you will be responsible for defining our content offering, a critical component of edXs strategy and ongoing success. You will lead a growing team of Category Managers who specialize in core subject areas our learners are seeking.
This is a Director-level position. You will report to the Vice President of Services and be a senior member of the groups management team. This role also requires close collaboration and leadership with other key groups at edX including marketing, partner management, and product.
The Head of Content Strategy and Acquisition will:
- Define and execute edXs content strategy that aligns with our overall company and product strategies.
- Grow our capability to identify and acquire the best courses, credentials, degrees and other types of content to meet our learners needs worldwide.
- Grow our research capability and align content (existing or gaps) with the job market to help learners achieve their career outcomes.
- Build strong working relationships with edX partner managers and content providers to ensure successful content acquisition.
- Identify educational, business and labor trends and lead the necessary research, acquisition and experimentation to understand opportunity and impact.
- Build, lead, develop and manage a team focused on content strategy and acquisition.
- Represent and advance edXs goals at key public engagements, conferences, industry events and edX partner events, representing the company as an industry leader.
- 10+ years of experience in professional or continuing higher education or consulting focused on delivering best-in-class digital experiences to consumer markets.
- A track record of success in business development, personally and leading teams that reliably meet goals.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience collaborating and navigating in a matrixed organization.
- Experience coaching direct reports and others, aligning teams to goals, setting a strategic vision and creating an engaging, positive work environment.
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment.
- Experience hiring and developing top talent and designing diverse, inclusive, effective and results-driven teams.
- Position requires 30% - 50% travel.
- Ability to foster working relationships with content providers. Develop and maintain good relationships with content partners and the industry at large, representing the company as an industry leader.
edX is an MIT & Harvard funded start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of re-inventing education?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
More Jobs From