Software Development Manager - Amazon Alexa Machine Learning Platform Team - Cambridge, MA.
Amazon Alexa, the speech processing and personal assistant technology behind Amazon Echo, is seeking a Software Development Manager for our Machine Learning Data Platform within our state of the art Kendall Square/Cambridge, Massachusetts Development Center.
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading an organization of engineers in define, design, development, test, deployment, and operation of large scale distributed systems targeted at increasing the rate of innovation from our Machine Learning Science organization. A successful candidate will have an established background in driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, developing long-term technical roadmaps, a strong technical ability to guide and coach, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and organizing your teams, defining the technical strategy and product road map for your organization, as well as defining, measuring, and reporting on your organizations key performance metrics.
· Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering organization
· Work closely with your teams to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership and peers
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
· 5+ years of experience building and managing development teams that design and deliver distributed systems
· 5+ years of experience managing and operating a system that is reliable and scalable
· 5+ years of experience in object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies
· Experience in developing long-term product and technical strategies
· Experience influencing leadership decisions through presentation of complex technical information, both verbally and in writing.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science or Engineering
· 10+ years of experience in building distributed systems
· Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, cross-organizational projects
· Experience in leading multidisciplinary (dev/test/pm) organizations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
· Experience managing teams in a DevOps culture
· Experience with big data solutions
· Knowledge of machine learning fundamentals
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
More Jobs From