Are you passionate about building Machine Learning systems using Big Data Technologies? Are you interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? As a Senior Software Engineer on the Alexa Feature and Feedback engineering services, you will help Alexa better-understand humans with each passing day.
Here at Alexa AI, the machine learning models drive Alexa's customer experience. We power these ML models through a set of services that add value on top of the data and give us insights into the customer experience with the purpose of pro-actively improve the models and services. We are looking for Software Dev Engineers to build machine learning services for Alexa scientists and ML engineers, an engineer with a passion for new products, IoT, automation, enthusiasm for our mission, and a talent for building great systems, who can take an idea from inception to delivery.
This role requires working with ML scientists, ML toolkits, Big Data technologies like Spark, and AWS Services. This position requires explicitly working with Principal Engineers to do design from the ground up and develop scalable systems for learning, predicting and produce insights.
What you'll be doing:
· Writing code most of the time (Primarily in Java, Scala, and Python)
· Utilizing AWS Compute, Networking, Security, Storage, and Database services such as CloudFormation, EC2, S3, EBS, Lambda, AutoScaling, and DynamoDB, and many more
· Helping define the architectural vision for a world-class and massively scaled Feature and Feedback services
· Designing distributed systems for Machine Learning
· Owning the product areas that you are passionate about and solving major customer pain, becoming the advocate and driving the product and technology development and expansion within our ecosystem
· Growing and mentoring software engineers and working with them to identify, design, prototype and evaluate great projects and features that will help them develop in their careers
· Providing technical guidance and leadership on software design, architecture, patterns and practices
· Helping your team self-organize and create software development processes and practices that will work best for you and your teammates
· Collaborate effectively with peer teams and essential partner services to deliver robust engineering product, building relationships with your customers, partner teams and the engineers on your team.
· Designing and implementing critical components, helping define the architectural vision, collaborating with partner teams across the organization, and mentoring and developing more junior engineers
Join us in this exciting new technology space!
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 5+ years of industry experience
· Programming experience in C, C++ and/or Java (or other OO language) in Linux and/or Windows environment
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
· MS in Computer Science
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Experience with Apache Mesos and Spark
· Hands-on knowledge of container orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST-ful interfaces
· Familiarity with Kernel and file-system development
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
· Experience with Machine Learning
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
More Jobs From