Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and continues to grow at a rapid pace. With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are looking for an Mechanical Engineering Technician who can work as a key member of our multidisciplinary engineering team to support on tasks ranging from machine builds to data collection to design projects. You should be comfortable multitasking and generating deliverables with the appropriate level of detail.
What you will do:
- Work with product, engineering and R&D teams to create world class refreshment experiences
- Build engineering prototypes and/or rework existing systems for lab and field testing
- Evaluate components and systems for reliability, cost and technical fit
- Design, build, and run experiments and engineering test fixtures. Compile test data and results.
- Provide feedback to engineering team on machine design and performance-related issues
- Maintain lab inventory, tools and equipment, manage shipping and receiving for lab.
How you will grow:
- Become an internal team expert and go-to individual on the Bevi machine and its operation.
- Engage with a talented Hardware Engineering team from diverse backgrounds.
- Learn cross-functionally from Service Operations team, Product Design team, and others.
- Work at the heart of a start-up in high-growth mode where personal ownership of technical deliverables contribute directly to the success of the business
- Deploy your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change.
We think you will bring:
- Proven track record building or repairing complicated systems. Hydraulic system or plumbing experience is a plus.
- Experience with smart systems and data acquisition techniques.
- Experience with various manufacturing methods including machine shop equipment and 3D printing
- Ability to open, read and interpret CAD models and drawings. Solidworks experience is a plus.
- Aptitude and desire to work in a dynamic environment in a self-motivated, action-oriented fashion.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Comfortable with open-ended direction, seeking out answers, and working independently when necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience
Apply to learn more about what makes Bevi a good place to work and grow!
More Jobs From