About Epion Health
Epion Health has transformed the doctors appointment into a personalized digital experience, where patients can share information with their doctor and take ownership of their own health management. Our venture-backed solution spans the appointment life cycle, from the time the appointment is scheduled, to the waiting room, to the exam room, to checkout, using technology deployed on tablets and personal devices. Our fast-paced emerging growth company is looking for a Director of Engineering to support our triple-digit annual user growth. You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and passionate culture looking to make a difference.
As a Director of Engineering, youll lead and grow a closely-knit team with a technology stack built on top of Ruby on Rails 5.1. We like to work with modern technologies, always try to do what is best for the customer and put more value on teamwork than rock stars and cowboys.
- Manage a team of 10 engineers and QA analysts
- Be a leader/doer by spending 80% of your time managing the team, and 20% of the time in the code
- Lead the technical design and development of major platform components to help the Epion platform scale with our explosive user growth.
- Collaborate with leads of other teams including product management, product design, other engineering groups, and key product stakeholders.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
- Lead & develop new features to improve patient experience and medical staff efficiency
- Define our product roadmaps by being data-driven and creative
- Use and promote TDD best practices
- Pair program with team members of different experiences
- Be a mentor when you have the expertise / Be a student when someone else does
Required Experience or Skills
- 10+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 5+ years leading and growing a team
- Expertise in software architecture and design for systems at scale
- Expert knowledge of feature/end-to-end and unit tests
- Experience in a startup environment with a lot of autonomy
- Understanding and commitment to Agile processes
- Great communication, particularly in explaining your coding processes, suggestions for best practices, and identifying ways to improve the teams coding quality
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience with HL7 and FHIR
- Previous experience with Docker
- Previous experience with Swift or other iOS development
- Experience with Compile to Native JS frameworks (Cordova, Ionic, React Native, etc.)
- Competitive salary with health benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Latest Apple products for your working needs
- Reimbursement options for classes or conferences
- Gym membership discount (Crunch Gym is in our building)
- We prefer local candidates to either our Hoboken, NJ or Boston, MA offices
- Will consider remote for the right hire