Office Tour Photos
Educational Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the world to create global education programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with Tours Engineering, youll have the opportunity to build beautiful front-end interactions for our customers, solve large scale data optimization problems, and get your hands on everything in between.
What youll do:
You will be part of a cross-functional, largely autonomous data team, collaborating closely with analysts, data scientists, engineers and executive stakeholders in building a single source of truth. Youll maintain and evolve our mature BI platform on SQL Server, optimize the existing Kimball data marts as they grow, build new models or data marts and support the many data analyst teams in further building and accessissing processed data. You will additionally be involved in augmenting the mature platform as we transition it to a data lake leveraging all the latest tools available anchoring on AWS resources.
Who you are:
To succeed in this role, youll need excellent problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the technical know-how to independently build solutions from start to finish. We are looking for a true expert on data modeling, who is comfortable working with datasets of varying latencies and size and disparate platforms.
We ask that you have:
- 7+ years of hands-on industry experience with data modeling and working in Business Intelligence
- Extensive expertise with Microsoft SQL Server (2016+), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL, Replication and Transact-SQL
- Advanced SQL expertise with multi-stage transformations and usage of more sophisticated transformation tools and methods, such as windowing functions and temp tables in Transact-SQL
- Demonstrable experience implementing business logic into models that have been successfully applied for BI
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to effectively communicate business concepts to partner analysts and teams
- Applied experience with relational modeling, star schemas and Kimball Data Warehousing
- A drive to learn the intricacies of the business, with a versatile and dynamic understanding of businesses youve worked with in the past
- 1+ years of experience working with Python
Other useful skills include:
- Experience with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL/Non-relational databases, especially document stores
- Experience defining and implementing a global data catalog for end user reference
- A working knowledge of modeling with Analysis Services, both on-prem and Azure
- Familiarity modeling for BI visualization tools such as Power BI
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Access to a brand-new fitness center and rock-climbing wall on the EF campus
- A restaurant and bar located in 2 of our EF campus buildings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about Education Tours, visit https://www.eftours.com
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com
More Jobs From