Office Tour Photos
EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the world to create global education programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with Tours Engineering, youll have the opportunity to build beautiful front-end interactions for our customers, solve large scale data optimization problems, and get your hands on everything in between.
What youll do:
You will be part of a cross-functional, autonomous data team, collaborating closely with analysts, data scientists, engineers and executive stakeholders. You will be deeply involved in building out a data lake that will serve as the new source of truth for our business. As part of that effort, you will leverage your mastery of Spark and ETL to transition work loads from our legacy relational data warehouse into modern, open-source data processing platforms.
Who you are:
To succeed in this role, youll need excellent problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the technical know-how to independently build solutions from start to finish. We are looking for a true data expert, someone who is comfortable working with and shaping datasets of varying latencies, size, and format.
We ask that you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on industry experience with Python and AWS
- 2+ years of proven ability developing ETL in Spark (PySpark preferred)
- Advanced SQL (ANSI SQL or Transact-SQL)
- Working knowledge of Data Lake patterns: partitioning, multi-step transformations, data cataloging
- Working knowledge of self-describing, compressed data file formats: Parquet, Avro
- Working knowledge of event streaming platforms: Kinesis, Kafka, Flink
- Working knowledge of Domain Driven Design (DDD) and event storming
- Experience with AWS data processing services: EMR, Athena, Redshift
- Experience with AWS serverless infrastructure: API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3
- Experience with NoSQL/non-relational databases, especially document stores
- Experience building data models intended for data visualization solutions
- Demonstrable experience implementing business logic into well structured data models that have been successfully applied to BI
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to effectively communicate business concepts to partner analysts and teams
- A drive to learn the intricacies of the business, with a versatile and dynamic understanding of businesses youve worked with in the past
Other useful skills include:
- Experience coding in Java or Scala
- Docker or other containerization tooling
- CI/CD exposure using git based deployment automation.
- Infrastructure-as-code: Terraform, CloudFormation
- Experience working on a SCRUM Team
- Experience using global data catalogs for either end user reference or data automation
- Experience with relational modeling, star schemas and Kimball Data Warehousing
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Access to a brand-new fitness center and rock-climbing wall on the EF campus
- A restaurant and bar located in 2 of our EF campus buildings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com
More Jobs From