Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
What will you do:
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop our Big Data Architecture.
- Ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Anticipates and manages technology evolution and relates it to business solutions. Sets direction based on alignment to business and overall technology standards.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Communicate effectively and convey complex ideas to a diverse set of audiences.
- Craft guidance that helps delivery teams identify quality risk factors around security and compliance.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise Big Data Architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Promote the company's technology brand through creative thinking, and constantly raising the bar of what's possible.
- Coach and mentor team members to become stronger data engineers.
Who you are:
- You have 8+ years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and engineering complex, high-quality data technical architectures and detailed designs.
- You have 5+ years in a Data Architecture role architecting data warehouses and/or data lakes with big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, RedShift, Spark and ETLs.
- You have depth and hands-on experience building Architecture best practices, deliverables and frameworks.
- You have a track record of designing highly scalable data systems.
- You are able to show a history of incrementally transitioning legacy data systems support modern, evolutionary architectures.
- You have utilized one or more cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud for data systems.
- You understand the consequences of concurrent systems, and how to mitigate potential issues.
- You have proven expertise in a variety of database technologies, from Oracle to NoSQL systems and can explain their varied use cases.
- You have developed strategies for data movement, enterprise data warehouses, data lakes and the operational reporting.
- You have deep knowledge of how to secure complex data systems and infrastructure against different attack vectors.
- You have experience in decision making for build vs buy scenarios, and how to break down the pros and cons for both.
- You've designed systems spanning a variety of modern architectural paradigms.
Ability to balance aggressive delivery schedules with maintainable quality code
Require minimal supervision and can help a team drive a project to completion
Own changes to be made from definition to support in production
Experience with various software lifecycle tools such as Git and JIRA
Have experience with TDD or TAD (Test Accompanied Development), developer-written automated testing and all things that lead to confidence in our code in a Continuous Delivery infrastructure.
Have a deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
Possess a grasp of SEO-friendly practices and Google Analytics or similar tools
Experience with responsive and adaptive design
6+ years experience and skill in technologies including
HTML, CSS, ReactJS framework or similar, ECMAScript 6+ or TypeScript, and modern tooling such as Grunt, Gulp, NPM, Yarn, SASS, LESS, PostCSS, etc.
Consuming web services using JSON and REST
Instrumentation of an app or service for alerting and monitoring (New Relic)
Functional, unit, integration and performance testing
Shipped robust, high-performance, high-scalability applications to production
Experience with a 24/7 production environment
Clear verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and with peers from a variety of disciplines
Demonstrated leadership and mentorship
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
Paid volunteer time off
Bicycle commuter reimbursement
Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
Training and development programs To accelerate career growth
Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
Flexible and open work arrangements
Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
Educational Assistance Program
Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an EEO Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
More Jobs From